South and Southwest Austin Homes For Sale
Southwest Austin, Texas is located in Travis country, and has a growing population of around 200,000.
Many people are currently moving to Austin, new homes are being built, and existing communities in the area have homes for sale. Southwest Austin real estate is currently hot, but there are many opportunities for those looking to buy or sell.
Here are some communities you can look for homes in South and Southwest Austin under US 71/290.
Some of the featured communities in this post include the 78745, 78748, 78749, and 78739 zip codes.
- Paloma Lake subdivision in Round Rock is a great place to look into purchasing a home. It was built in 2008 and is located on the Northeast side of Round Rock, Texas and was developed by a group of builders that includes Standard Pacific Homes, Taylor Morrison Homes, Drees Custom Homes, Grand Haven Homes and Plantation Homes. The first MLS sale in Paloma Lake closed in 2008. Home size ranges from 1,556 square feet to up to almost 3,800 square feet.The Fish Camp at Paloma Lake in Round Rock is 200 acres of preserved nature that includes two community centers, swimming pools and other great to have features such as walking trails and parks.Paloma lakes is also close to the Round Rock Outlets, Walmart, HEB and other shopping centers, as well as near Settler’s Park, Forest Creek and Teravista golf courses, Dell Diamond entertainment, Texas State University, Scott & White and Seton Healthcare areas, and is an easy place to find a job.The location is great as it is near the SH-130 toll road to make it easy to drive to the Austin Bergstrom Airport and other Austin locations.
Bauerle Ranch & The Estates at Bauerle Ranch, developed by D.R. Horton Homes, is a great finished community with neighborhood amenities including a pool, park and more, and is worth looking at.
- Independence is a beautiful neighborhood built in 2012, so the homes are on the newer side but were built to have a more historical look. The location is near Stassney on Manchaca. The neighborhood was bought by Scott Felder homes from Newmark homes a while back.
- Brodie Springs is another community to look at if you’re interested in buying a Southwest Austin home. It was built by Taylor Morrison and Grand Haven Homes.
- Southpark Meadows is another place to look and includes the communities Buffington and Saldana Homes.
- Bridges at Bear Creek’s location is at the Southern end of Brodie Lane. Some builders who have built and sold homes in this neighborhood include Mercedes, Buffington and Lennar as well as Scott Felder.
- Brodie Heights Condominiums was built by D.R. Horton and is a great place to look for 3 unit condos.
- Sweetwater Glen: A great place to look for a single-family condo. This community was built by D. R. Horton and most have Hardiplank type siding with pastel paint for a nice look.
- Sage Meadow is another place to look, and was developed by D.R. Horton as well. It includes homes that range from 1,299 – 1,856 square feet.
- Gabardine, “a tailored pocket of Shady Hollow,” is a new development just west of Brodie Lane on Frate Barker Road. It features “flats” and “cottages” built by David Weekley Homes. These units range in size from 1,173 – 1,448 sq. ft., and feature tailoring names such as Poplin, Oxford, Jersey and Woolsey. There are six 2, 3 and 4 bedroom models. Prices range from the $150s to the low-$200s.
- Enclave at Westgate was built by CottageCraft Homes, and includes 48 homes built to look like contemporary cottages. Sizes range from 1,540 square feet to 1,713 square feet.
- Near the South end of South 1st Street you can look in three neighborhoods, The Oak at Twin Creeks-KB Home, Meadows at Double Creek-Newmark/Scott Felder, and Ashbrooke-Centex.
- La Vid is a place to look if you desire a cottage style condo home. It was built by Certified Homes and is near 6708 Manchaca. It includes 1- and 2-story units.
- Circle C has some homes built by West/Hielschier by Streetman Homes in Stone Creek, D.R. Horton in Alta Mira, and KB Home in The Enclave, Fairway Estates and Enclave Estates. All of these are great places to start a home search if you want to be in the Circle C neighborhood.
- Rose Glen is a small seven home subdivision built by Meritage Homes and is located south of Ben White and just East of Manchaca Road.
- Meritage and D. R. Horton built a number of homes in Rancho Alto. The location is on Frate Barker Road between Brodie Lane and Manchaca Rd.
- More expensive and further out, you can look at Meridian (which is a part of the Circle C community). Another similar option is Rim Rock, which is further past FM-1826 and past Salt Lick BBQ and has homes built by Lennar, Mercedes and various other builders in the area.
- Two additional homes communities West of Buda to consider are Whispering Hollow and Garlic Creek.
Want to see any of the properties in this area? Contact a realtor now for help viewing a property.
Buying a home is something you can ask for help with by reaching out on our contact page. We have the best agents in the area and will be able to give you every advantage we are able, helping you along every step of the process. Feel free to reach out to ask for our help finding a new home in the Southwest Austin area.
More Southwest Austin Neighborhoods
Deer Park at Maple RunDriftwood
La Ventana, Driftwood
Reunion Ranch, Austin
Highpointe Dripping Springs
The Hills Austin
Castlewood Forest, Austin
Cherry Creek Duplexes
Fairway Estates Enclave
Vintage Place – Part of Circle C
Alta Mira, Austin – Part of Circle C
Avana Circle CCircle C Hielscher
Circle C North
Circle C Muirfield
Greyrock Austin – Part of Circle C
Austin Park Place – Part Of Circle C
Park West Garden – Part Of Circle C
Circle C Hielscher – Part Of Circle C
Hills Of Bear Creek
Lewis Mountain Ranch
Sawyer Ranch, Dripping Springs
Loma Vista, Austin
Slaughter at Hollow Creek